Help jump-start your child’s kindergarten year by enrolling him/her to attend our 5-day Kinder Camp at Grant Watts Elementary School or Warren Elementary School. We will hold a camp that spans one-week for a full-day. The camp runs from 8am-3pm, August 2nd-6th. Transportation is available to this program.
As part of this FREE program, your incoming kindergarten student will:
Be served snack and lunch daily.
Learn important school routines.
- Create relationships with kindergarten teachers and building staff.
- Receive a jump start on learning reading, writing and math skills.
- Have fun with other children at camp.
- Ease into the transition of full-day kindergarten.
- Enjoy after-camp enrichment opportunities with their families.
Students must have turned in a completed kindergarten registration form using the Scappoose Online Registration method or a paper packet to the school office.
The Kindercamp program has limited space. All are welcome to apply, understand that priority for placement will be given to:
- Students who have not had formal preschool experience
- Students that have participated in Head Start or Early Childhood Special Education setting
- Students from communities of color
- Students who qualify for free/reduced school lunch
You may sign your child up for KinderCamp three ways:
Attend Kindergarten Connect (see above) and obtain the tools to sign up.
Sign up online for Kindergarten Camp
Obtain a paper packet to enroll your child for Kindergarten from Grant Watts, Warren, or the District Office, and the KinderCamp Registration form is included in the packet.