SMS 2021-22 Leadership Information
We are very excited to continue our leadership program at SMS! We are looking for applicants who want to be leaders in our school community for the 21-22 school year. Some of the responsibilities expected of our leadership members include the following:
- Back to School Help with new students
- Planning and running School Assemblies
- Teaching School Expectations to small groups
- Leading Peer Support Groups
- Creating and assisting with fundraisers for our ASB fund
- Helping create more pride in SMS (spirit weeks, competitions, etc.)
- Supporting the High School with Doernbecher Week
- Act as the voice of the Student Body
- Kindness Week
Leadership will be held once or twice a week during lunch; however, we may ask students to sometimes spend more time outside of those hours. Due to the time commitment leadership may have on your schedule, we require that you are passing all of your classes. This will be verified by SMS staff members responsible for your grades at mid terms and each quarter.
If you feel like you would be a good fit for our Leadership program and would like to apply we must have the applications turned in by August 27, 2021. We will be holding our first meeting with 8th grade leadership students before school begins to get ready for back to school. We will be asking 8th grade leaders to attend part of the day September 7, 2021.
Thank you for your interest,
Lindsey Johnson Ljohnson@scappoose.k12.or.us