Coronavirus (COVID-19) information
We are closely monitoring the coronavirus outbreak.
We are working with the Oregon Department of Education and public health officials to coordinate a response. We have shared resources for our staff, families and partners below.
If public health officials recommend school closures, we will announce those through FlashAlert.
Remember, to prevent the spread of any respiratory illness, including COVID-19, take these steps:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. (If soap is unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.)
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you’re sick to avoid infecting others.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a cleaning spray or wipe.
For general information on novel coronavirus, call 211 or visit healthoregon.org/coronavirus. If you are having a medical emergency, call 911.
Important resources for students, families and educators:
- Español / Spanish
- 简体中文 / Simplified Chinese
- 繁體中文 / Traditional Chinese
- Русский / Russian
- Af Soomaali / Somali
- Tiếng Việt / Vietnamese
Prevention FlyersFor Families and Schools
The Oregon Department of Education in partnership with the Oregon Health Authority has developed the following resources:
Read about preparing for a pandemic via Ready.gov