FMLA/OFLA and Leaves of Absence
Workplace Accommodations Notice
Expanded FMLA (FFCRA) Notice
FMLA/OFLA Instructions for Employees
The following forms will need to be completed once you have notified Human Resources and your supervisor of a need for FLMA/OFLA leave. If you have any questions or need assistance, please call Human Resources at 971-200-8000.
- Submit a Request for FMLA/OFLA leave (Application) to HR. This request shall be provided at least 30 days prior to the leave date if the leave is foreseeable. Once that is received, HR will review the request and respond with an initial eligibility letter.
- Complete a Health Care Provider Certification Form (your doctor will need to complete this form). This form needs to be completed and return to HR within 15 days. Your leave will then be designated and tracked.
- When you have been released to return to work, have your doctor complete a Release to Work Authorization form. This must be done PRIOR to returning to work. This includes potential light duty, reduced hours or returning full time.
Things to know:
- FLMA/OFLA leave is unpaid. However, employees use their accrued leave first, if paid leave is available.
- Employees are generally entitled to 12 weeks of leave within any one-year period. OFLA has some additional leave options.
- FMLA/OFLA runs concurrently (at the same time) for a combined total of 12 weeks. Leaves may be continuous or intermittent. Intermittent is tracked by the hours taken; contact HR for assistance.
- Insurance: During FMLA leave, the employer must maintain the employee's health coverage under the "group health plan" on the same terms as if the employee had continued to work. Scappoose School District will continue to make contributions, but if there are any out-of-pocket expenses, you will need to make arrangements with payroll to pay your portion.
- Frontline/AESOP: Contact your supervisor to discuss how/when your time will be entered.
- Please schedule an appointment with Human Resources if you are contemplating taking or have any questions about FLMA/OFLA leave.
Leave of Absence request form: